Workers Compensation Injury Attorney in Ocean County, NJ
If you have been injured at work in NJ, our attorneys are here for you
If you have been injured on the job, you need to take specific action to protect your right to benefits under the workers compensation laws. You want an experienced lawyer to guide you through the process, one who has protected others who have suffered a workplace injury. At Berry, Sahradnik, Kotzas & Benson, our NJ workers compensation lawyers have extensive experience defending injured employees in New Jersey and getting the compensation they are entitled to.
What constitutes a work-related injury?
Serious workplace injuries can occur in any workplace setting, from an office building to a construction work site. Types of injuries that may occur include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Severe physical injuries
- Occupational disease
No matter what type of work-related injury you have experienced, you can rely on our Ocean County personal injury attorneys to help you obtain the full amount of benefits and compensation you deserve.
Protect your rights and interests after an on-site accident
If you have suffered an on-the-job injury in New Jersey, there are certain steps you should take. The law governing workers compensation claims can be complex, so it is important to take the appropriate actions as soon as possible in order to protect your rights:
- Notify your employer. Immediately let your boss or supervisor know when you have been injured or when you first notice the effects of an injury.
- Seek medical attention. Injuries should not be ignored. You should see a doctor as soon as possible to assess and document the cause and extent of your injury.
- File a claim. If your employer fails to file a workers compensation claim, you may have to file one yourself. An Ocean County workers compensation attorney can help you fill out the paperwork correctly.
- Avoid signing anything. You may be asked by your employer to waive your rights in exchange for a settlement. Speak with an attorney before signing anything – you may be forfeiting your rights.
- Contact an attorney. A workers compensation attorney can provide unbiased answers to your questions. Our firm offers free consultations to discuss your case and will not charge any fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Let our New Jersey workers compensation attorneys get you the compensation you deserve
If you have been injured at work and seek workers compensation, call Berry, Sahradnik, Kotzas & Benson at 800-991-9279 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our attorneys will listen to your concerns and help you determine the best course of action. Located in Toms River, New Jersey, we represent clients throughout the Monmouth-Ocean metro region.